DOGUE DE BORDEAUX CLUB OF AMERICA
SECTION 1. The name of the club shall be: Dogue de Bordeaux Club of America
SECTION 2. Objectives of this Club shall be:
- To encourage and promote the highest standards in the breeding of purebred Dogues de Bordeaux, and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection;
- To encourage members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Dogue de Bordeaux shall be judged. To perfect, protect, and maintain the standard in the best interest of the Dogue de Bordeaux, with the assistance of the SADB and other breed clubs of the Dogue de Bordeaux throughout the world;
- To participate with rescue organizations dedicated to the welfare of the Dogue de Bordeaux;
- To do everything possible to help improve the health of the Dogue de Bordeaux;
- To provide education appropriate to the needs of owners, breeders, judges, potential owners and all others with an interest in the breed;
- To do everything possible to protect and advance the interests of the breed and encourage sportsmanlike conduct at dog events and other club sponsored activities and club functions;
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience trials and other events for which the club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of The American Kennel Club;
- To prove the natural working ability of the Dogue de Bordeaux by urging members to participate in weight pulls, temperament tests, obedience, agility and canine good citizen events;
- To encourage all owners, breeders and fanciers of the Dogue de Bordeaux to get involved in the events, meetings, and general activities of the club;
- To publish a quarterly informational newsletter as a means to communicate to the membership.
SECTION 3. This club shall not be operated or conducted for profit and no part of any profits, residues, or remainders from dues or donations shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
SECTION 4. Bylaws shall be adopted and may from time to time be revised by the members as required to carry out these objectives.